June 20, 2013

Baby-bob’s Giftie!

One of my gfs is having a baby near the end of June (read: had her baby yesterday).  Apparently this baby is male – so they dubbed him baby-bob.  Then I started feverishly working on a cardigan for a baby-bob so that he would have a lovely giftie for when he was born. 

The cardigan came out so well; I am very pleased.

Baby-bob will be a dashing little man.

The pattern was a touch difficult to follow as it was all written in paragraphs as opposed to bullet points.  It worked out pretty well all in all though.  Somehow I managed to make two front sides that were the same and the seaming – though tedious (as always) – was not as horrible as it could have been. 

Then came the search for buttons.  I happened to be by a quilting store and they had these amazing square buttons that looked so cute – but they were $0.99 a piece!  I needed 4.  That seemed like a lot for 4 buttons.  Then I looked down, there before my wondering eyes was a bucket of buttons and a ladle – no I’m not kidding – with a label that read “button soup.” So I filled a bag of buttons – and made sure to include some round beige buttons – and paid only $3 for more buttons than I could possibly ever use.  This, of course, does not mean that I will not be on the hunt for buttons again.  It just means I have a better chance of starting my button search at home. 

Oh… right.  I almost forgot.  I made a blankie for baby-bob too.  I’ve made this pattern before and it is easy and comes out so pretty.  I changed the border to something more akin to the border for this pattern and managed to sneak just the slightest hint of blue into baby-bob’s lovely new blanket.



I hope he likes them!

No comments: